Monday, January 11, 2010

Baby its cold outside...


Oh Ava... the one God gave me to see myself in so many different ways. Not even the weather will move her deep desire for cold sweets. I say to her, "baby its cold outside, for that ice cream or push up" but her eyelashes bat and her arms begin the slow gathering around my leg as she insists on having it. I then begin the offering of much better desserts and then as the sparkle in her eye turns to bear a fight... yes she bears down and it is almost as if I can see her pull up her sleeves of emotions to bring it on. The list of tears start it off and then she begins to tell me how she is not going to buy me a surprise. The scenes of this picture included two spitfires claiming their right on being the last one standing. Then she does it...she pulls out the best for last...you know it, unfortunately we all know it... however when ever little girls say to you, "you don't love me" It does more than tear you down. It breaks me, like domino's. Game over and she grabs her coat over her Cinderella dress up outfit and before I say..."YOU WIN" she sits in preparation for the handling of the push up. Oh the pleasure as she makes a plethora of noises while eating it made the fight for me worth while. So Yes my little spitfire its cold outside and you my dear wear a coat inside while you enjoy a piece of summer in winter.

1 comment:

  1. ha, a push up sounds so good. I haven't had one in years. Sorry, but good choice Ava! :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.